- Title: HiEFFICIENT– Highly EFFICIENT and reliable electric drivetrains based on modular, intelligent and highly integrated wide band gap power electronics modules
- Program: Horizon2020, ECSEL JU (Electronic Component Systems for European Leadership Joint Undertaking)
- Funding Agency: EU
- Project duration: 36 Months
To boost this development and the market introduction in automotive applications, HiEFFICIENT partners have set ambitious goals to gain higher acceptance and achieve the maximum benefit in using WBG semiconductors:
- Reduction in Volume of 40% by means of integration on all levels (component-, subsystem- and system level)
- Increase efficiency beyond 98%, while reducing losses of up to 50%
- Increase reliability of wide band-gap power electronic system to ensure a lifetime improvement of up to 20%
To accomplish the targeted goals, the partners will work on industrial use cases to demonstrate the key achievements and the progress that goes beyond state of the art. This includes, amongst others, modular inverters with different voltage levels (such as 48V, 400V, 800V), flexible on- and multi-use off-board chargers for different voltage levels, multi-purpose DC/DC converters and test systems for power electronics’ lifetime testing. These use cases are led by OEMs and other industrial partners, who define requirements and specifications for the envisioned systems.
The project is managed within the framework of the EU project Horizon2020. The exact title of the funding program is H2020-ECSEL-2020-2-RIA.