The EPIC membership is another step for SAL to strengthen its presence in the photonics industry. SAL has extensive experience and competencies in macro– and micro-optics and integrated photonics for miniature optical sensors and multifunctional sensing systems, covering the whole R&D chain of simulation and system design, device fabrication and testing, photonic assembly and system integration, as well as the development and application of novel sensing concepts. SAL’s R&D photonic projects bridge the gap between fundamental research and application with advanced technologies focusing on major industrial markets including quantum sensors, environmental sensors, non-linear spectroscopy and spectroscopic sensors, smart lighting and imaging systems, LIDAR and remote sensing systems.
EPIC - European Photonics Industry Consortium - is the leading industry association promoting a competitive photonics ecosystem in Europe. The organization puts its members at the center of its activities and aims to support the sustainable development of the associated companies in the field of photonics and increase their visibility in the market. The members cover all areas of the value chain, from LED lighting, photovoltaic solar energy, photonics integrated circuits, optical components, lasers, sensors, displays, to projectors, optical fibers and other photonic related technologies.
EPIC publishes market and technology reports, organizes technical workshops and B2B round-tables. Furthermore, EPIC participates in advocacy and lobbying activities, promotes education and training activities, sets industry-wide standards, attends major trade shows, connects with investors, and helps recruit qualified talent.
SAL gains visibility and relevance through membership
The membership in the EPIC network provides SAL with numerous benefits, including:
- Expanding resources and influence in the photonics industry
- Growing business opportunities
- Partnerships with other research institutions
- EPIC is the vehicle to reach government officials, European institutions, public funding agencies, as well as global institutions.
- Participation in commercial trade missions and business events
- Free access to market studies, technology reports, newsletters and flash alerts
- Access to a network across the whole value chain