Silicon Austria Labs GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "SAL", "we" or "us") is pleased that you are visiting our website. Data protection and data security on our website are very important to us. We would therefore like to inform you which of your personal data we collect when you visit our website and for what purpose it is used. SAL informs anyone whom it may concern separately about further data processing, referring to this general data protection declaration if necessary. Any personal data is processed in strict compliance with the principles and requirements set out in the GDPR, the Austrian Data Protection Act (DSG), and any other applicable data protection regulations.
1. CONTROLLER AND DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
The controller in terms of the GDPR and any other data protection regulations is:
Silicon Austria Labs GmbH
This data protection declaration applies to the web presence of SAL, which can be accessed via the domain www.silicon-austria-labs.com, and to further processing activities mentioned herein.
Data Protection Officer:
2. WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data is any data relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. This includes, for example, information such as your name, age, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address or IP address. Information that cannot be traced back to you, for example information that has been anonymized, is not personal data. The processing of personal data (for example the collection, retrieval, use, storage or transmission thereof) always requires a legal basis or your consent.
3. DATA PROCESSING ON OUR WEBSITE
3.1. Provision and use of our website
Using our website is possible without providing any personal data.
3.2. Registration/creation of a user account in the Chip2Sys member area
3.2.1. Type, purpose, and scope of processed data
On our website, we offer Chip2Sys program members to register in the member area by providing personal data. With the processed data, we create an individualized user account that can be used to access information and services regarding research projects and future SAL programs.
The following list shows you which personal data we process when you register:
- E-mail address
3.2.2. Legal basis
Your personal data is being processed based on the declaration of consent voluntarily given by you during the registration in accordance with art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. The declaration of consent is given unambiguously, in an informed manner, relates to the specific processing and has not yet been withdrawn. It is possible to withdraw your consent at any time with effect in the future by contacting the data protection officer under the abovementioned contact option.
3.2.3. Storage period and erasure of data
As soon as the registration or user account on our website is erased or modified, the data processed during the registration process will be erased. Personal data will only be stored further if required by law in individual cases.
3.2.4. Deletion/change of registration/user account
As a user, you can have your registration or user account deleted at any time. You can also have your stored personal data changed at any time. To do so, please contact the data protection officer under the abovementioned contact option. Premature erasure of personal data is only possible insofar as this does not contradict contractual or legal obligations. If the processed personal data is required to fulfil a contract or to implement pre-contractual measures, erasure is not possible until the purpose has been achieved.
3.3.1. Type, purpose, and scope of processed data
You can subscribe to our newsletter on our website at www.silicon-austria-labs.com. To do so, we need your e-mail address and your consent that you agree to receive the newsletter. Once you have signed up for the newsletter, you will receive an e-mail that you have to confirm to subscribe to the newsletter.
3.3.2. Legal basis
Your personal data is being processed based on the declaration of consent voluntarily given by you during the registration in accordance with art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. The declaration of consent is given unambiguously, in an informed manner, relates to the specific processing and has not yet been withdrawn.
It is possible to cancel your subscription to the newsletter at any time. Please send your cancellation to the following e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org), or unsubscribe directly in the newsletter.
3.3.3. Storage period and deletion of data
After successful cancellation of the newsletter, we will subsequently erase your data in connection with the newsletter subscription. This revocation does not affect the lawfulness of prior data processing based on your consent.
4. DATA DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We will only share your personal data with third parties if:
- you have given explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR,
- it is legally permissible and necessary for the fulfillment of a contract with you,
- there is a legal obligation for the disclosure according to Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary according to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR to protect legitimate business interests and for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data.
Generally, no personal data will be passed on to third parties outside the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Our website contains plugins of the following social networks:
- LinkedIn (LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland)
- Facebook (Meta Platforms, Inc., One Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 9402, USA)
- Youtube (Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94043, USA)
- Twitter (Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA)
- “Instagram” (Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Irland),
It is possible that personal data about website users is collected via these plugins, transmitted to the respective service and linked to the user’s respective service. Within our online services, those social plugins are marked by buttons of the respective services. Based on the data transmitted to the respective service via the social plugins, the service may be able to link you to your account if you have one on their platform. The social media buttons are integrated using the so-called Shariff solution. This solution, developed by Heise and c’t, prevents a connection to a social network if you open a webpage containing a social media button without activating the button. This means that information is only transmitted to the social network when you use the button.
Please check out the data protection information of the respective social network on their website if you want to learn more about the scope and purpose of the data collection as well as further processing and use of your data by the respective service. There you will also find further information about your respective data protection rights and settings to protect your privacy.
7. SOCIAL MEDIA
7.1. Type, purpose and scope of processed data
SAL is represented on social networks and platforms to communicate with the respective users and inform them about news.
SAL uses social media and other platforms to complete the existing communication channels of SAL, such as the website, press releases, the newsletter, products in prints, and events.
7.2. Legal basis
The use of social networks and platforms is in the interest of SAL to fulfill and improve targeted public relations in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Currently used social networks and platforms are:
- Youtube (Google LLC): 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, California 94103, USA; data protection declaration: policies.google.com/privacy/partners
- LinkedIn Inc.: LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Gardner House, 2 Wilton Pl, Dublin 2, D02 CA30, Irland; data protection declaration: de.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Kununu: New Work SE, Am Standkai 1, 20457 Hamburg, Deutschland; data protection declaration: privacy.xing.com/en/privacy-policy
- Instagram (Facebook Ltd.): Meta Platforms Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland; data protection decleration: https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
Our website contains hyperlinks to websites of other providers. When activating these hyperlinks, you will be redirected from our website directly to the website of the respective provider. One sign that you are redirected to another website is the change in the URL. We cannot accept any responsibility for the confidential handling of your data on third-party websites, as we have no influence on whether these companies comply with data protection regulations. Please inform yourself about the handling of your personal data by these companies directly on their respective website.
9. REGISTRATION AND ADMINISTRATION OF EVENTS
9.1. Type, purpose and scope of processed data
The personal data provided by you as part of your registration or administration of one of our events will be processed by us for the purpose of managing your registration and participation in the event.
In particular, we process the following types of data:
- First name
- Last name
- Academic title
- E-mail address
- Job title
- Phone number
9.2. Legal basis
The legal basis is the fulfillment of the contract or the implementation of pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR) Without you providing the mandatory data, we cannot process your registration or participation in the event.
10. PICTURES, Videos, Video Talks TAKEN AT EVENTS
10.1. Type, purpose and scope of processed data
Among other things, we organize road shows, trade fairs, research conferences and similar events. At these events, we may take photos and videos of participants with regard to the respective event. These pictures and videos are used and processed to present the event both online and offline (in the annual report, on social media, on the website, etc.).
10.2. Legal basis and storage period
Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR and § 12 (2) Z 4 DSG serve as the legal basis for the abovementioned processing of your personal data. Processing the abovementioned data is necessary to present the respective events and serves a legitimate interest of SAL. If necessary, we will obtain your consent for the processing of pictures (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR).
Pictures and videos will be deleted as soon as there is no longer a legitimate interest to present the respective event or as soon as the person in question objects to the data processing.
11. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
According to the GDPR, you have the following rights regarding the processing of your personal data:
- According to art. 15 GDPR, you can request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your personal data has or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to complain, the origin of your data if not collected by us, and the transfer to third countries or international organizations.
- According to art. 16 GDPR, you can immediately request the rectification of incorrect data or the completion of your personal data that is saved by us.
- According to art. 17 GDPR, you can request the erasure of your personal data saved by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons to public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- According to art. 18 GDPR, you can request the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, we no longer need the data and you object to the deletion of the data because you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims. The rights according to art. 18 GDPR still apply to you if you have objected to the processing according to art. 21 GDPR.
- According to art. 20 GDPR, you can request to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, established and machine-readable format, or you may request that it be transferred to another person responsible.
- According to art. 7 (3) GDPR, you can withdraw your consent given to us by contacting the data protection officer at the abovementioned e-mail address. Consequently, we are not allowed to continue the data processing that was based on your consent in the future.
- According to art. 21 GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, provided that the processing is based on the legitimate interest of SAL to process your personal data according to Art. 6 (a) (f) GDPR. To do so, please contact email@example.com.
If you believe that the processing of your personal data violates data protection law or your data protection rights have otherwise been violated in any way, you can contact the Austrian data protection authority (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our data protection officer (email@example.com) with your concerns.
12. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THIS DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION
SAL reserves the right to update or modify this data protection declaration at any time without prior notice. The version currently published on the website applies.