The selected candidates will be offered a PhD position. Depending on the chosen research topic, the host organization and thus the physical location of the main work space will be either on one of the SAL sites in Linz, Graz and Villach or at the partner universities in Linz, Graz and Klagenfurt, respectively.
Terms of employment
- Employment contract to pursue PhD related research work.
- The employment may start from 1 September 2020 onwards.
- The position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 40,978.-- based on the applicable Research Collective Agreement.
- The employment contract is in full alignment with national regulations and provisions concerning social security and pension and provision for maternity/parental leave.
- International applicants will receive organizational support in terms of housing service, resident permit, etc.
Terms of SAL-DC
- The SAL-DC is laid out for a duration of 4 years, with the expectation of gaining a PhD at the end of this period.
- After one year, a first assessment will be held in order to evaluate the achieved progress and rate the scientific eligibility of the candidate with respect to the acquired research position. If successfully passed, the candidate stays within the SAL-DC for the remaining time period.
- The PhD candidates are required of publishing in scientifically high-ranked conferences and journals for successful graduation.
- PhD candidates are highly encouraged to conduct internships at academic and intersectoral industrial partner organizations.
SAL values diversity and campaigns for equal rights. SAL is keen to provide a place where everyone is treated equally and respectfully, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and physical ability.