The goal of the project is to develop a wearable temperature monitoring system.
Partner Call open until: July 10 2021
Project Start: Q3 2021
The main objectives and topics of investigation are the development of a wearable temperature sensor system that consists of several sensing elements and can detect relative temperature changes.
In particular, it will:
- Provide continuous temperature monitoring
- Detect small changes in temperature
- Be integrated on a biocompatible substrate
- Be flexible and stretching
The main challenges and topics of investigation are:
- Fabrication of the sensor directly on a flexible and biocompatible substrate.
- Achieving high sensitivity to relative temperature changes.
- Designing and packaging the sensor and interconnects in a way to reduce environmental effects.
- Temperature sensor array integrated on a hand-sized biocompatible patch
- Sensor system with high sensitivity to relative temperature changes
- Reliable operation under various environmental conditions
- Efficient fabrication process flow for scalable manufacturing