Building-integrated photovoltaics (BIPV) are used to replace conventional materials in façades, balconies or roofs. In this connection several challenges have to be considered. They not only affect design, construction, materials and circuitry but also the long-term reliability and efficiency of the PV components. Nine Austrian partners in research and companies working in the field of façades and the PV industry together, aim to overcome these specific challenges.
- Fritz Egger GmbH &Co OG - www.egger.com
- Ertex solartechnik GmbH - www.ertex-solar.at
- Sunplugged Solare Energiesysteme GmbH - www.sunplugged.at
- Crystalsol GmbH - www.crystalsol.com
- FIBAG - Forschungszentrum für Integrales Bauwesen AG - www.fibag.at
- OFI - Technologie & Innovation www.ofi.at
- AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH - www.ait.ac.at
- JR Joanneum research ForschungsgesellschaftmbH - www.joanneum.at
- Silicon Austria Labs GmbH - www.silicon-austria-labs.com
SOLAR POWER WITH SOPIHISTICATED ARCHITECTURE
A particular focus lies on creating synergy between photovoltaics and architecture. A comprehensive concept can be achieved by taking input from architects, experts and users into consideration. The project's specific aim is to deliver solutions for reliable, cost-effective and aesthetically pleasing building-integrated photovoltaics.
- Title: "PV@Fassade- façade module with PV-active layers"
- Research Programme: e!MISSION.at (Link: https://www.ffg.at/e-mission )
- Programmme organisation: FFG
- Start: April 2014
- Duration: 3 Jahre
- Project management: OFI Technologie & Innovation (Link: https://www.ofi.at/ )
- Project partner: 9
- Volume: 2,2 Mio Euro