MEMS SWITCH FOR GAMING CHIPS
TipChip GmbH has developed an innovative system that will replace the traditional chips used in casinos with RFID technology. It enables bets to be placed by tapping the gaming surface (a touchscreen) with a special chip.
The development of an initial chip prototype for demonstration purposes has already been completed, but the chip is comparatively big and always has to be tapped in exactly the right place on the switch in the table to trigger the RFID signal. One aim of the project was to reduce the chip size and another to find a suitable switch that could trigger the RFID signal anywhere on the chip and therefore increase practicability in practice.
- Technology research to identify suitable inertia and vibration switches
- Miniaturisation of the chip
- Integration of an identified switch in the existing demonstrator
- Name: MEMS switch- research and integration
- Programme: FFG - Innovation checks
- Partner: TipChip Gaming Technologies GmbH
- Start: August 2010
- Duration: 2 months
Miniaturisation and the improvements in RFID chips for casinos make them more practical for players and increase chances of market success for the company.