The goal of this project is the development and implementation of magnet reconstruction algorithms for modern magnetic position and orientation sensor systems.
Algorithms for magnetic sensor systems (ALGMAG)
Partner Call open until: January 18, 2023
Start of the project: Q1 2023
Specifically, this includes the following steps:
- Development of an algorithm for spatial characterization of magnetization distribution in permanent magnets for magnetic position systems
- Elimination or compensation of the influence of soft-magnetic environments in position sensing systems with multiple motion degrees of freedom
- Elaboration of new concepts for dealing with special geometric applications that include large airgaps and long-stroke systems. A special focus is put on dealing with assembly and fabrication tolerances.
- Python magnetization reconstruction tool with graphical user interface that acts as an extension to MagCam hardware and SAL monitoring devices
- Concepts for dealing with confined soft magnetic environments
- Novel MPO concepts for long stroke, large air gaps and stable assemblies