Learn more about SAL Vision & Mission.
The Research Center
Electronics-based systems (EBS) are components, assemblies and devices with microelectronics and nanoelectronics, as well as embedded software. They are the technological backbone of digitization.
With the research areas Sensor Systems, Intelligent Wireless Systems, Power Electronics and Embedded Systems, SAL is offering “key enabling technologies” for precisely these electronic based systems and is laying the basis for smart products and processes that create the foundations for things such as Industry 4.0, the Internet of Things (IOT), autonomous driving, cyber-physical systems (CPS), AI, smart cities, smart energy and smart health.
Research is carried out at both model level and hardware level (components, assemblies and devices with microelectronics and nanoelectronics) as well as the attendant embedded software level, in conjunction with the holistic knowledge of comprehensive system integration.
50.1% Republic of Austria
10% Steirische Wirtschaftsförderungsgesellschaft mbH SFG/Styrian Business Promotion Agency
- 10% Austrian federal state of Carinthia
4.95% Upper Austrian Research GmbH (UAR)
- 24.95% Fachverband für Elektro- und Elektronikindustrie (FEEI)/Austrian Association for the Electric and Electronics Industry
- 140 million euros of public funding until 2023
- 140 million euros of investment from industry
- Public-private partnership
- Limited liability company (GmbH/Ltd)